As part of Hay-on-Film, the Hay Film Schook Weekend, we are very pleased to welcome local producer Revel Guest for a Q&A session to be held in the Brook St Cinema on Saturday May 26th.
Best known as Executive Producer on War Horse, Revel is also the founder of Transatlantic Films, the first truly independent documentary film company to co-produce quality films for the international television market, and Chair of The Hay Festival.
Revel’s directing and producing credits include: London Rock and Black, White and Blues co-productions with the BBC and Metromedia and 4 American Composers, a series of four one-hour films directed by Peter Greenaway. She has also had three major award-winning series The Horse in Sport, ( 8 x 50′); Greek Fire (10×25′), and History’s Turning Points®, a 26 part series, which won the Prix de Basle, Barcelona Bienale for Culture and the Prix Stendahl.
25th-27th May 2012
This inaugural event for film makers takes place in Hay-on-Wye, home of the famous Hay Literary Festival. Places are limited so call now to secure yours.
Buying this special weekend pass will give you access to all the following events:
- Q&A with Revel Guest, Executive Producer, War Horse
- Script writing workshop with Bruce Robinson, The Rum Diary, Withnail & I, The Killing Fields
- Working with Kubrick: Doug Milsome ASC BSC
- The Art of the Colourist: Gwyn Evans
- Editing Workshop with John Richards, Band of Brothers
- Working with Alexa: Robin Vidgeon BSC
- VFX Compositing with Ian Murphy, Green Zone
- Touring the world with Jack Cardiff: Craig McCall
- SFX Workshop : Tom Harris
- Production Technology – Present and Future: Miguel Ferros
- Using Steadicam: Paul Edwards, Assoc BSC
- The Art of the Budget: David Ball
- Working with Red: Keefa Chan
- Bloody Marvellous!: Special effects make-up with Claire Williams
- Screenings of Student films from UK & Europe
Plus equipment demonstrations, screenings, Q&As with BSC cinematographers…..and a BBQ!